Thursday, December 30, 2010

The West Wing

The West Wing is the greatest piece of television ever. I first watched it three years ago and have since watched every episode, twice. The plot, characters and cinematography are utterly brilliant. The scale of production is unfathomable and it's mind-boggling to think of the Aaron Sorkin machine churning out so many explosive episodes that enthrall the viewer from start to finish. One of the most jaw-dropping episodes is the series two finale entitled Two Cathedrals. For anyone who hasn't seen it I've attached a Mark Knopfler live version of the song that plays out when Bartlett makes the all important decision. The live version is spine-tingling, put headphones in to appreciate the full orchestra. Knopfler is so effortless in his guitar and singing style, one of the true greats. I could talk about the West Wing for days so I'll leave it to the clips to prove my point. That's a lie, I'll definitely do another post in the future so I can gush about Martin Sheen some more



No comments:

Post a Comment